Monday, December 17, 2007

My Winter Skin Must- Haves

These items save my skin all year round, but are especially useful in the dry winter months.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Body Lotion. This is by far the best body lotion I have ever used (granted, I have only experienced drug store brands and the occasional bath and body works- no fancy stuff here). It is high in glycerin so it is absorbed quickly and the smell is pleasant (not overpowering and not grandma-ish). Acutally now that I think about it, the scent really reminds me of Calvin Klein cologne circa 1997 - I think it was CK-one. Anyways this is the only body lotion I will ever buy again.




Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. Again. Best hand cream I have ever used. Back when I was in college in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, it would be so cold and windy walking around campus that it was not unusual to see people walking backwards to avoid the wind hitting their faces. Even with my hands in gloves and shoved inside my pockets, they would become chapped and dry. I tried this lotion after seeing the commercial about how the Norwegian fisherman use the same formula. I have never bought any other hand cream. I go through about 1 tube a year because "a dab will do it". And at around $4 I cant really think of a better deal. I go for the frangrance free version of this stuff because the fragrance the last time I smelled was too medicinal.

Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap. I use this all year round because it is gentle and I love the little dove imprinted in a brand new bar. I enjoy the smell of the soap (even if it is unscented), it smells like clean to me. My doctor told me a few years ago that especially in winter time, it was not necessary to wash all of your body with soap. She recommended this soap, used sparingly on only, uh... certain parts of the body. I have not had an issue with flaking skin since. This soap also doubles as my facial cleanser, recommended by my dermatologist.





Smith's Rosebud Salve. I discovered this last year and am almost done using my first pot. I am already planning my next purchase. I use this on my lips but also on my cuticles and elbows. It is very pretty to pull out and ofcourse I love the vintage feel of the tin. This comes highly recommended by beauty editors in all your major magazines, yet this is something that is very affordable.

No comments: